Attorney McArthur’s Federal and State criminal defense practice includes defending clients in the United States District Court for the District of Vermont and the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York which encompasses Plattsburgh, Albany, Utica and Syracuse, and courts throughout the State of Vermont for matters ranging from complex white collar crime, drug offenses, assaults, sexual assaults, stalking, immigration offenses, DUI and DWI, and other felony and misdemeanor offenses. Attorney McArthur has significant trial experience in Federal and State court and handles Federal and State appeals cases in both the Vermont Supreme Court and United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Attorney McArthur zealously and aggressively represents clients who have been injured due to the negligence of others in his personal injury, wrongful death, motor vehicle accident, premise liability, and complex civil litigation practice. Attorney McArthur has a distinguished track record of obtaining favorable settlements for his clients as compensation for their medical bills and other out of pocket expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, temporary and permanent disabilities, and psychological and emotional distress.
Attorney McArthur also represents individuals in family law cases such as divorce, parental rights and responsibilities, child support, alimony, relief from abuse hearings, Children in Need of Care or Supervision (CHINS) cases, and juvenile delinquency matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Attorney McArthur was a Chief Deputy State’s Attorney in the Chittenden County State’s Attorney’s Office and prior to that a Deputy State’s Attorney in the Washington County State’s Attorney’s Office. Attorney McArthur grew up in South Burlington, Vermont and is a graduate of the University of Vermont (B.A. 1996) and American University Washington College of Law (J.D. 2002). Attorney McArthur is a native Vermonter and graduated from South Burlington High School.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- State of Vermont
- United States District Court for the District of Vermont
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals For The Second Circuit
- Criminal Justice Act Panel for the United States District Court for the District of Vermont
- Criminal Justice Act Panel for the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Vermont Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Vermont Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
Contact Brooks McArthur at (802) 658-9411 or Contact Brooks